Employment & Pensions
At Compton Solicitors we have considerable experience in advising clients in Employment Law. We advise on every aspect of the employment relationship, from the initial hiring procedures and drafting of employment contracts, to internal disciplinary procedures, employees’ rights, transfer of undertakings, termination procedures, actions for unfair dismissal and breach of contract and pension related matters.
We advise on employer’s liability in relation to all management matters, such as employee personal injury claims, discrimination and harassment claims. We also advise on health and safety in the workplace, internal disciplinary procedures and redundancy.
We advise trustees and employers on day to day administration, restructuring and amendment of pension schemes and also advise on matters relating to corporate transactions.
We have extensive experience with all aspects of dispute resolution processes. We represent clients before Courts and Tribunals and have participated in numerous arbitrations and mediations.
We also provide advice on:
- Employment law including Equality law, and Bullying and Harassment
- Preparing internal disciplinary and grievance procedures, including post termination restrictive covenants
- Redundancy and employee restructuring
- Transfer of undertakings
- Industrial relations
- Contentious employment matters before the Courts and tribunals
- Mediation and other alternative dispute resolution mechanisms. In this regard, Lorraine Compton is a CEDR accredited mediator
- Pension advice
- Advising vendors in relation to the transfer of undertaking in the purchase of business and on partition of a partnership of chain of retail outlets
- Representing clients in Employment Appeals Tribunals
- Preparing training manuals for a variety of businesses. Our training manuals for the licenced and restaurant trade are in use in most such outlets countrywide
- Acting for senior manager in High Court injunction against unlawful termination
- Converting employment contracts and handbooks for foreign operators to make the compliant with Irish law
- Lorraine Compton
T: +353 1 234 2678
- Joy Compton
T: +353 1 234 2678